The Atiwa East District Assembly in its bid to account to the citizenry on the activities and programmes of the Assembly and also solicit for the feedback of the citizenry on its activities as mandated by Section 40 of the Local Governance Act 2016, Act 936 organized engagement with Nananom at Atiwa East District Assembly. The programme was held on Wednesday, 5th August, 2022 at the Atiwa East District Assembly’s Hall-Anyinam.
The District Chief Executive; Hon. Kwabena Panin in his address stated that, according to Article 270 (1) of the constitution of Ghana clearly acknowledging the presence of chieftaincy as an institution and that no person not even Parliament has the power to withdraw or overthrow chieftaincy. The DCE made it clear to the chiefs one of the responsibilities they have to undertake pertaining to promotion of peace and security in various communities. The DCE however, caution the chiefs of being found in settling criminal cases but rather, report and work together with the Ghana Police Service in their investigation. The DCE encouraged the chiefs to come out with community initiative programmes that will benefit the community and bring lasting development to the community.
The DCE highlighted some infrastructure projects in the district which are stated below:
- Three (3) out of sixteen (16) Community Health Planning Service (CHPS) Compound initiated by the Government and with the help of the Member of Parliament for Atiwa East (Hon. Abena Osei-Asare) which all visibly located at Tiawia, Akyem Mampong and Ahankrasu.
- Construction of District Hospital at Anyinam which has been commenced and handed to the designated contractor which is ongoing currently.
- Mother and Child Hospital at Enyiresi which had already commenced and handed to the designated contractor of which is expected to be completed by the end of the year 2023.
- Office Complex for Atiwa East Dsitrict Assembly.
The DCE, again highlighted on the following agenda to be tackle during the deliberation’s;
- Formation of Atiwa East District Traditional Council Association.
- Layout of the District.
- Revenue Generation.
- Communal Labour.
- Skin Bleaching
- Child Labour.
- Teenage Pregnancy.